Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Stems from a Hist of Rock Assignment:

-My Rock History Bonus Disc: My History through Music-

1) Gollum’s Song - Howard Shore, Emiliana Torrini: This world is dark it is. Dark and cold, and we weeps doesn’t we precious, we weeps to be so alone. They made us like this, outcast us they did before we ever had a chance. Heartless and brutal they was, they kicks us, hits us, and why? We does nothing to them, nothing at first. Then we fights back, defends ourselves we does. And what does we get? They scolds us, punisheses us, makes us to be the villains. So now, now we weep, and when our tearses dry up we plot, schemeses, ‘murderer’ we whisper to ourselves. But still we longses for someone beautiful to come and sing to us, to loves us, that we can trust, and to takes us…

2) Anywhere - Evanescence: I want someone to find me, who will come and sift through the broken pieces I’ve swept to the side, re-build me better on the inside where it’s become so…

3) Hollow - Godsmack: Take me to a better place. If I could do it all one more time, I wouldn’t change a thing, despite the fact that…

4) What Hurts the Most - Rascal Flatts: was being so close, and having so much to say, and watching her walk away. Never knowing what could’ve been. And not saying ‘I love you’ is what I was trying to do. Now I’m…

5) Broken (Acoustic & w/ Amy Lee) - Seether: I wanted her to know, that I love the way she laughed, and for a moment she held me high and took my pain away…There was so much left to learn, she helped me forgive so there was no one left to fight…but she’s gone away, she doesn’t feel me anymore. It’s her fault, she showed me hope, change, and chance for a live worth living. Then she stole it away, stole herself away, my life threaded through my soul, and now all I feel is disconnected, sort of…

6) Cold (But I’m Still Here) - Evan’s Blue: She’s so endearing, she’s so beautiful. I don’t look like they do, and I don’t love like they do, and I don’t hate like they do. She broke me from the very first night, I’ll love her ‘til the day that I die. Though I doubt even that will stay this madness. And before I go to sleep, I close my eyes and I ask her “is somebody getting the…”

7) Best of You - Foo Fighters: It’s real, this hate I feel, gone is my life…my love. I’d die to heal.

8) The Kill - 30 Seconds to Mars: What if I wanted to fight, beg for the rest of my life? I tried to be someone else, but nothing seemed to change, I know now this is who I really am inside. Falling from myself, falling for another chance, I try to write her a love song, but with each word all I paint is…

9) Her Portrait in Black - Atreyu: I can feel her burning through my veins, she’s become an indelible part of my book, an important chapter and verse:

10) It’s Been Awhile - Staind: It’s been a while since I’ve seen the way the candles light her face. And it’s been a while but I can still remember just how her kiss tastes. I’m trying to forget, but this, this is…

11) A Different Kind of Pain - Cold: They come like flashbacks, thoughts of the life they must be sharing. I can feel it, every time he holds her, a chill coursing through my body like a blizzard in the dead of night…and I’m there, just…

12) Krwlng - Linkin Park: Discomfort endlessly has pulled itself upon me, it’s haunting how I can’t seem to find myself again. I hide myself away, letting this façade take over. They must have thought I was a clown, they way they always laughed at me. I got hateful, but now I’ve made my malice a weapon of my own. Now I see the lighter side, now I’m always smiling. But they look scared, I stop laughing and the world falls quiet, and I ask…

13) WHY SO SERIOUS?!?!?!? - Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard: -End Transmission-

No comments: