Sunday, April 5, 2009

King of Sorrow & Skyward Fire

For her, everything hurts inside
Overweight she feels unloved
Except for the little words she gets
From my mother's only son
You see to guys she's always been
The one with the hot friend
Now the world is starting to put
Her passion to an end
And it seems her family is falling away and leaving
Despite what she's seeing
I keep hoping she'll keep believing, that things will go right...
And see that she's not alone tonight

Baby just hold your head and be strong
And know that those who tear you down (even me)
Are just lost and wrong
They hate just to compensate
Cause they've looked in the mirror, and they hate their face

It seems every night she's crying
And deep in her heart there's little she can do
To keep her spirit from dying
I wish I could take her, and take away the pain
But every time I try, we fall in love
And it starts everything again
It's like all she knows is the hurt and discomfort
The steady burn
When the heart can't find what it longs for
Your soul starts to yearn...
So where else can she turn?

Baby just hold your head and be strong
And know that those who tear you down (even me)
Are just lost and wrong
They hate just to compensate
Cause they've looked in the mirror, and they hate their face

I script deadly venoms and potent poisons
To erode my enemies self-worth
So when I look into their eyes,
We can share my hurt
She's a wonderful girl with a beautiful face
But I understand her reflection
And how she feels that hate
Now I ask her, can I please see a smile on your face?
The kind that make your eyes shine
And my heart start to race
'Cause I promise you, you'll see better days...

Baby just hold your head and be strong
And know that those who tear you down (even me)
Are just lost and wrong
They hate just to compensate
Cause they've looked in the mirror, and they hate their face



My front yard only looks like a post card
'Cause the post card masks the madness
That's left me so scarred
Punches and kicks on the school yard
That sent me home awkward and shy like a retard
Authority means nothing to me
'Cause the authority has never done
Anything for me
Except hold me down
While vandals is assaulting me
Then discipline me when I retaliate
To protect my mental mind state
See, at second grade it was all lost so soon
No one knows now, what I could've grown too
So how can you ask me to be true to you and trust you
When you don't even know who you're being true to

I ain't promised to see tomorrow
Johnny J told me that
So it ain't nothing for me to have to borrow
'Cause I ain't promised to pay it back
So let's rename 'War' to a "Contingency Operation"
To quiet the protesters on your side
But your skin color assured their cooperation
And you know they're blind and down to ride
So give me the keys to be America's new nightmare
With a black president, you know it's heaven sent
But we need the opposite dynamic right there
It's not about fighting the powers that be
It's about fighting the powers that try to strip my mortallity from me
Why can't I fight back? Oppression doesn't care about color
Both black and white fills its sack, so give me the strength Lord to blast back
But He aint' hearing me right?

See
It's like He turned his back on me
When he took my grandma out the house
So now I pray to Makaveli
To guide the words out of my mouth
So how can you look me in the eyes
And chastise when I ride you to the ground
I tried to say hi
But you quietly walked by, only your eyes made the loudest sound
And since you ain't hearin' me, we're forced to keep going
Around and around
Where will I meet my fate
Mentally my mind state reverts to equate a lifetime of hate
And in the end the games that you played
Now when I recollect my thoughts back to the memories of you and me
And I clearly see where I went wrong and my insecure stupidity
So forgive me my flaws at the very least
Before you cut me off forever, wont you speak?
And tell me you once saw me and had this same dream
Of a life where the world didn’t exist
Just you and I out in the country, front porch swing
Living life like this

No comments: